Total Electrical Value – $ 76K
Bigger Seats, Bigger Screen, Bigger Sound, BIGGER EXPERIENCE!
New locations across Australia have been transformed to feature the exciting VMAX format offering customers a maximum impact, high quality movie experience.
V-MAX auditoriums feature stadium seating with a giant state-of-the-art 20m silver screen capable of showing the latest in digital 3D film product as well as all the latest blockbusters. The seats have been exclusively designed to provide additional comfort through extra seat space, contoured high backs, tables and double the amount of leg room.
Our Scope of works was as follows: –
- Disconnection and removal of all existing Aisle lights and fibre optic lighting including tracks in cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Disconnection and removal of existing cleaner’s lights and auditorium lights in cinema 30 to allow for the replacement of the existing curtains with new.
- Disconnection and removal of all stair and low level wall lighting in cinema 1 and cinema 30 to allow for new front runner carpet to be installed.
- Disconnection and removal of hearing aid loop to allow for new infra red loop to be installed
Seat ID, Table and Aisle Lighting
Each seat had a LED ID light fitted to it to identify it, between each 2 seats was a table with a LED light in it, and on both ends of each row, there was an aisle light to identify the aisle letter, the number of the seat and also the number of the seat at the other end of the row.
These lights required the following: –
- Installation of 2 new lighting controllers in enclosures to projection room adjacent each switchboard for cinema 1 and cinema 30. One for control and dimming of the table lights and one for control and dimming of the seat ID lights.
- Installation of cabling from the respective switchboard to each lighting control panel in for cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Installation of cabling from the control panels in the projection room, underneath the carpet to each seat ID light, Table light, and aisle light for cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Careful layout of each of the 740 seats legs for the seats in each cinema to enable the installation of the lighting cabling avoiding all seat bolt holes that were to be drilled after carpet installation for cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Working with the carpet installers to bring all cables through the carpet in the correct place to enable the cables to exactly line up with the seat legs for cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Working with the seat installers to layout the seat legs again after the carpet was installed so that all cabling under the carpet was avoided when the holes were drilled to mount the seats for cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Once all seats were installed the seat ID lights, table lights, and aisle lights were installed for cinema 1 and cinema 30.
- Once curtains and front runner were installed all cleaner’s lights, auditorium lights, stair lights and low level wall lighting were re-installed.
Supply and install new 3 phase and single phase 32A power supplies to cinema 1, cinema 2, cinema 20, GoldClass1, Goldclass2, and Cinema 30 in the projection room for the power of the new digital projectors.
Structured Cabling System
- Installation of new cat6 cabling to each of the 6 new digital projectors including installation of new catenary wires for support.
- Supply and installation of new cat6 outlets to each projector.
- Supply and installation of new 3 phase plugs for projectors.
- Installation of power cable to projector.
- Re-configuration of existing projector wiring including cabling via internal circuit breaker to provide single phase power to a 6 way power board for internal components.
Due to the nature of the clients business, the timeframe for this job was extremely tight.
All work mentioned above starting from demolition right through to commissioning was completed in 18 days start to finish.
The client was extremely happy with the results obtained.
We now are the preferred contractor for breakdown and preventative maintenance works at Greater Union Cinemas Marion